Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Baby Steps

. Tuesday, May 5, 2009

You can't trade without a broker, so after a bit of looking around, Interactive Brokers has my money. I wish I could send more, but it is what it is.

---LOW commissions (although all are cheap these days)
---I can trade ANYTHING through these people
---almost free real time quotes for most markets
---free historical data for the past year
---OCO orders are held on THEIR servers (the only one I found)
---was all done online...no humans involved ( I do have emergency toll free #s)

Of course, I have had an account elsewhere for years, but this is a makeover! I also opened (but did not fund) a back-up brokerage account with Tradestation. As time goes on, I will be depositing some cash with TS for emergency use (if IB goes down or?)

I haven't even made a trade yet, but I feel better already!

0 comments: