Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pre-Open Ideas

. Saturday, August 22, 2009

I was trying to come up with something that looked feasible to trade before the $SPX opened, so needless to say I started looking at the 10yr Notes. All I have done so far is take the cycle high and low from about 3:30 AM to 5:00 AM, draw horizontal lines and look to trade the break-out.

It looks like most mornings get tied up in a very narrow channel, and "appear" to be waiting for something to happen. This is actually a strange idea for me because of the number of reports coming out between 5:30 and 7:00, but (so far) seems worth looking into. I have never felt comfortable trading right in front of, or during the morning reports, but there may be something to this. Just because I was bothered by the report idea doesn't mean there isn't something there!

The following 2 posts show the last 2 weeks of 2 minute ZN charts during the most likely trading times. Clearly a work in progress at this point.

0 comments: